Position Benchmarking™ is a historical comparison of a control component’s position across the complete range of operating conditions. The benchmarking process illustrates the normal operating position of a particular control device or group of control devices at all outside temperature ranges of the equipment.
- Illustrates how HVAC control components react to changes in outdoor air temperatures
- Allows operators to understand what the normal position of any control device should be at any specific outdoor air condition (dry bulb/enthalpy/dew point)
- Quickly identifies HVAC mechanical system programming deficiencies from a simple to read chart
- Pinpoints competing energy losses in HVAC systems
- Enables the user to make multiple year position comparisons of the same control component.
This position benchmarking compares the position of a chilled water control valve and a hot water control valve across all outside air temperatures for a single year.
This position benchmarking compares the position of a hot water control valve across all outside air temperatures for multiple years.